Saturday 30 June 2012

New Project, New Frame!

Happy Saturday to all you stitchers! Received a new kit in the post this week, another purchase from eBay. I have really wanted this kit for quite a while so as soon as it arrived I started working on it straight away. It's from Dimensons, The Gold Collection Petites and is called 'Christmas Morning Pets'. I have only made a small start on it but here it is, and how it will look when it's finished too!













It's on 18-count aida which I never stitched on before, the smallest I have stitched on is 16-count aida. I think it will take a while to get used to and I think I will have to use the parking technique as it's a struggle to fit a cross stitch in between two already done! The stitching is not as neat as I would like it to be but I think I will get better with practice. 

I also started using a new frame today, I bought it from Sew and So its a R & R Craft Frame. I wanted to try a different frame because hoops weren't really working for me! I saw a review for a snap frame on Erin's blog 'Less Bitching, More Stitching' and it's a great review. She also has a giveaway for the frame too so check it out. 

The frame I have is very similar and I love it! It's a bit heavier than a hoop but so much easier to hold. I bought a 6x6inch frame, and it keeps the tension really good. I also bought some needles and some thread storage which I will talk about in another post. Here's a little picture of the frame:


Hope everyone has a good stitchy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment