Thursday 29 July 2010

Projects, Projects, Projects!!!


I have had a very productive week and finished another one of my Christmas Round Robin pieces, which means I have caught up with the posting dates! The main theme for this RR was penguins as you can see from the picture, and I was very pleased with how this looks. Rather than sticking to the original charts, it is the first time I have amended them, using the two together, omitting the backgrounds and Christmas sayings.

I think the sparkly aida fabric looks great, and I'm on the look out for some of my own to use for my Christmas cards. I think these penguins would look fab as pattern repeats on an aida band for Christmas, maybe for a cake or as ribbon to wrap presents with.

I have also brought some new wool this week to start yet another knitting project! It's a Sirdar pattern using their Escape wool which I think is gorgeous, and I love the colourways. The pattern I have chosen is knitted all in one, and I also brought some new needles so I can knit in luxury.

As well as this lovely yarn, I also discovered some lovely cards this week; I seem to buy hundreds of cards, not just to send as correspondence or as a thank you, but for inspiration to put on my notice board which I love to fill with inspirational images. It is a UK based company called Stop the Clock Design. Their cards are beautiful and are all designed and hand finished by two designers.

I have brought a few to put in with my own round robins already! I'm making great progress with The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins and am thoroughly enjoying it! It is so un putdownable!!! It's one of those books that you simply can't wait to get back to reading, and I can't wait to get hold of the sequel.





3 comments:

  1. Oh I adore penguins, sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those penquins are just too cute! Great job!!
    I wish I could knit, but I just don't seem to have the ability to knit anything other than a pot holder or a scarf. But the yarn does look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks :) I think their really cute too!!!

    ReplyDelete