Tuesday 3 August 2010

A roll in the Hay

Just to update, the cross stitching challenge is no go right now! Suddenly got sidetracked by my knitting and all my cross stitching round robins, but hope to start the rotations properly by next week. I have been organising all my threads, and have finally put all my DMC threads on stitch bows, all numbered and ordered, and entered onto an excel spreadsheet so I can check what I have and stop buying duplicates!!!

I have a KAL on ravelry for some socks called 'A roll in the Hay' from the knitting book The Joy of Sox by Linda Kopp, if anyone would like to join the KAL it is in the JOS group here. I have only done a little progress so far, but I am really pleased with how it is looking. These are some photos of the yarn I am using which is Regia Silk 4ply which I LOVE!


I had a few problems along the way, it's a hard pattern compared to just plain knitting socks which I usually do, but I think I will be really proud when I finally finish them, also I'm not allergic to this wool, so it's the first time I will be able to wear a pair of socks that I actually made!
I have been reading loads lately and finished another book Broken Soup by Jenny Valentine, which was another fab read, so I will review it soon, but right now I'm on Candor which promises to be a good one. I discovered the magic of Goodreads today...and signed up so I was busy adding books to my 'shelves' and scouting out books for my reading list. If you love reading then this is definitely the site for you.

On Craftbubble, I have joined yet another round robin themed Autumn, so I need to find some suitable charts to stitch for it so any suggestions are very welcome, they need to be 4x4". I hope I haven't lost my stitching bug, but I am finding my current round robin project really hard going, really I just to get on with it, finish it and post it, so I'm off to make myself do some of it and will post progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment